Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Importance of Stories

I have changed a lot since getting to JBU.  I mean, it’s a big deal leaving the security of your parent’s home to enter the vast unknown.  I am on my own for the first time.  I am responsible for laundry, food, homework, getting up, and working out my schedule.  If I tried to survive college without changing and adapting I would fail.  The truth is we can’t survive change by acting exactly the same as we did in our previous circumstance.  Life throws us changes; we have to change with it.  That’s really what life is, we face different circumstances and challenges and are forced to adapt.  If we recognize the necessity of change in our life we can prepare ourselves and things will be a lot easier. 
I believe we all need a story because we need to have purpose in our life.  Everyone is looking for some reason why they’re here and what their role in society is.  We can’t just sit back and watch our lives go by, because if we do, not only will we never find our purpose, we will also miss out on many opportunities.  As Christians we have found our purpose in Jesus Christ and serving His kingdom.  I feel like a big part of my story is figuring out how I am meant to serve Him.  It seems like I am starting this journey with an obstacle (not knowing what to do), but that’s the great thing about having Jesus in my life.  I don’t need to have it figured out, because He does.  I don’t need to feel overwhelmed by an obstacle, because He never will be.  As long as I keep Jesus the focus in my story it will be a success.
How do you portray the importance of having a story to someone who doesn’t believe in God?
Why do we fight the author of our story when He always knows what is best for us?

No comments:

Post a Comment